Capitol Region Council of Governments
Update: Connecticut Foundation Solutions Indemnity Company, Inc. (“CFSIC”)
December 14, 2018
CFSIC has been formed to provide claim assistance to affected homeowners with crumbling foundations. CFSIC has applied to become a tax-exempt, non-profit company. CFSIC is not a branch of Connecticut state government. It is an independent insurance company licensed and regulated by the Connecticut Insurance Department. It will launch officially on January 10, 2019.
Here’s an update:
- Website: The website address is www.crumblingfoundations.org
- Application process: There are two applications now up on the website, but they are non-functional and are for information purposes only. On January 10, they will become functional electronically and can be completed online.
- Applying in advance of January 10: Applications will be rejected before that date.
- More information: In advance of January 10, you can ask questions by emailing email@example.com
- Eligibility: The website is very clear about what kind of claims qualify and how claims will be processed. The best place to start is to go to the “For Homeowners” section of the site.
- Contractors: There is a separate “For Contractors” section of the site, which will guide contractors in understanding what CFSIC will pay for and how work must be carried out.
The Superintendent of CFSIC has indicated that the program will be fully operational beginning at some point on January 10. He is encouraging people to apply online, as that will be the fastest way to have your claim acknowledged and responded to. During the waiting period, he is encouraging claimants to go on the website and become familiar with CFSIC’s application and application process.
If you want to apply, see webpage below:
Captive Insurance Company Releases Guidelines:
The webpage is:
https://crumblingfoundations.org/ and a PDF version of the press release can be found on our website’s crumbling foundations page