Building Official

Joe PajakBuilding Official
Town Hall
1043 Buckley Hwy
Union, CT 06076

Phone: (860) 234-1053


Permit Residential and Commercial Application Procedure
Interior Residential Inspections
Solar PV Permit Package
Subdivision or Resubdivision Permit Application
Zoning Permit Application
Building Permit Application – FILLABLE
Electrical Permit Application – FILLABLE
Plumbing Permit Application – FILLABLE
Mechanical Permit Application – FILLABLE
Masonry Permit Application – FILLABLE

Building Official Information:

The Union Building Office reviews the construction of all structures that are regulated by the building code in town to ensure compliance with state related building codes. For all construction, an approved building permit must be obtained

For substantial improvements (This includes sheds, additions, swimming pools, garages, etc.) an approved Zoning Compliance Certificate must be obtained before construction is started. Please contact the building official if in doubt.

Zoning Compliance Certificates are obtained by attending a Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting, held the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Town Hall. Applicants will be required to complete a “Zoning Permit Application”

Join Our Mailing List