June 5, 2019
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 6-5-19
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Karen Calabrese, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m.
• The May 1, 2019 minutes were read. Ellen Silbermann made a motion to approve the minutes. Ed Capomacchio seconded the motion, and it passed.
- LOCIP Grant: Seven windows on the main floor of the library were replaced.
- Hoopla update: Cailin Rae reported that the new online service continues to be used by patrons.
- CEN (Connecticut Education Network): Cailin Rae has applied for funding for this fiscal year. Upon receipt of the funding commitment, she will file a confirmation that the library is CIPA compliant.
- Summer Reading: The Summer Reading kickoff event was a success. It took place on May 31, as part of the Union School Field Day activities. Mobile Ed Productions Starlab brought an inflatable dome that included a planetarium. Donna Jellen gave out prizes to all the participants.
- Part-Time Position: The Board finalized the advertisement for a part-time Library Associate.
- By-Laws: The Board continued to revise the wording of several sections of the UFPL ByLaws.
- Plant Sale: Rock Meadow Farm and Select Seeds plan to make generous donations to the Library’s annual plant sale fundraiser. It is scheduled to start Saturday, June 8.
- Old Home Day: The Board discussed plans for the library’s open house.
- UFPL Website: Possible updates to the library’s homepage were discussed.
- Cailin Rae received a check from the state for $80 for the library’s participation in the Interlibrary Loan delivery system.
- The Board reviewed the budget report.
• The operating software for the library computers may need to be updated.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 7 at 7:00 p.m.
Ellen Silbermann made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:27 p.m. Bertha Syphers seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:27 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary