December 12, 2018
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 12-12-18
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Karen Calabrese, and Library Director Cailin Rae.
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
• The Nov. 14, 2018 minutes were read. Ellen Silbermann made a motion to approve the minutes. Bertha Syphers seconded the motion, and it passed.
• Ellen Silbermann confirmed the BOD 2019 meeting dates: Jan. 9, Feb. 6, Mar. 6, Apr. 3, May 1, June 5, July (no meeting), Aug. 7, Sept. 4, Oct. 2, Nov. 6, Dec. 4.
• Hoopla: The board discussed plans for the Hoopla launch/Open House to be held at the library in January. Cailin Rae will send flyers or postcards to publicize the event.
• Community Programs: Cailin has been in contact with Kristin Duethorn of Quest Martial Arts to plan a possible winter self-defense workshop.
• UFPL Bylaws: Ellen Silbermann made a motion to amend the bylaws beginning in January 2019 and to be completed by the end of the calendar year. Rose Novak seconded the motion, and it passed.
• The budget for FY 2019-2020 was reviewed and finalized. It contained a salary increase to reflect 4 extra open hours per week. A more flexible schedule in which the library would open at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesdays would help support the Union school.
• Ellen Silbermann made a motion to approve the FY 2019-2020 budget with a 3% increase as well as the budget with the 4 hour per week increase. Ed Capomacchio seconded the motion, and it passed.
• Cailin reported on the Bibliomation and Hoopla lesson for Union School grades 5-8.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 9 at 7:00 p.m.
Ellen Silbermann made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:17 p.m. Bertha Syphers seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:17 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary