Land Records

The Town Clerk's Office accepts instruments regarding property in Union. These are legal documents for recording on the land records. They should be prepared by an attorney and then either sent or brought to our office for filing. All documents must be originals. The Town Clerk's office does not provide blank forms.

No deed or permanent easement will be recorded without the State of Connecticut Real Estate Conveyance Tax Form (Form OP-236 Rev. 05/05). Local conveyance is .0025 x consideration paid.

Copies of land records are available for a fee of $1.00 per page. Certified copies are an additional $2.00. You must supply the volume and page number for the copy you are requesting. For requests by mail, pleaseinclude a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Recording Fees:

First Page:   $60.00
Each Additional Page:   $5.00
Conveyance Form with Consideration of $2,000 or More:   $2.00
Additional charges may apply for documents recorded by a nominee