February 3 2016 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 2-3-16
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Sienna, Jen Morgis, Rose
Novak, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:04 p.m.
• Rose-Marie Pellerin made a motion to accept the minutes from the 12-7-15 Special
Meeting as read. Michele Sienna seconded the motion. The minutes were approved.
• There is no update on the LOCIP Grant.
• The budget was submitted to the Board of Finance.
• Cailin Rae submitted the Town Report in January.
• Community Programs 2016: Board members will research potential internet safety
workshops. The board is also looking into the possibility of inviting Tim Keeney, Judge of
Probate, to conduct another Elder Care and the Law workshop.
• The board reviewed the library building maintenance list in detail and made updates.
• New materials were ordered using library grant funds.
• Winter Read: In December, Cailin Rae created Bingo card logs for three levels of
readers: K-4, 5-8, and 9-12. She reported that participants were engaged in the
• The next Story Time is scheduled for Saturday Feb. 6.
• The board discussed the need for increased circulation. An information flyer for seniors
was drafted that includes library offerings such as Bibliomation and Overdrive.
• Summer Reading: The theme for 2016 will be health and sports. Possibilities for summer
program activities and workshops will be considered in upcoming meetings.
• New plastic library cards: Rose-Marie Pellerin made a motion to accept the black and
red card design with the key fob. Jen Morgis seconded and the motion passed.
• The board discussed offering a coffee and chocolate reception to introduce the new
cards and key fobs. To help promote the new cards, board members considered raffling
a $50 gift certificate (vendor to be determined) during the two-week period following the
introduction of the new cards.
Ellen Silbermann motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:29 p.m. Rose-Marie Pellerin seconded.
The motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:29 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary