December 6, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting December 6, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the November 15, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Letter with grant check from Norcross in the amount of $2500.
- Management letter from the auditor.
- First Selectman Eaton received a legal opinion from the Town attorney. “Legislative body” definition differs depending on the subject. Regarding the Town’s municipal election, the “legislative body” requires a town meeting to make any changes.
- USDA application for loans and grants for rural communities to get high speed internet.
- Requests for ARPA funds from NDDH and Willington Fire Department.
- New voting districts have been established. Union is now part of the Somers/Stafford/Eastern Woodstock district.
- Town Tech service meeting rescheduled.
- First Selectman Eaton met with the Town technical service and insurance agent to continue work on cyber coverage application.
- American Rescue Plan Act Update: Requests for funds from NDDH and Willington. The selectmen will look into Historical Society request for internet.
- Review and adjustments to 2022/23 Budget working copy.
Motion to adjourn at 8:50 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary