May 6, 2020
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 5-6-20
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was held via Zoom Video Conference.
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 p.m.
• The April 1, 2020 minutes were read. Ed made a motion to approve the minutes. Ellen seconded the motion, and it passed.
• Town of Union Budget Hearing: The final vote for the increase in salary for library employees and the addition of four open hours per week will be taken by the BOF on May 19.
• Cailin reported that the take-home activity packets have been a great success.
• The Board discussed the necessity for the replacement of computers in the library.
• Plant Sale: Rock Meadow Farm and Select Seeds will donate plants to the library’s annual Plant Sale fundraiser to be held in June. An announcement will be put on the notice board.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 3 at 7:00 p.m. Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:50 p.m. Bertha seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary