Name Changes

Any person owning real estate within the Town of Union whose name has been changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc., shall, within sixty days of the change, file with the Town Clerk a Certificate of Name Change giving the name before and after such change.

You will be required to provide proper identification, such as a drivers license or picture ID with your new name on it. If your new name is not on your license, you will be asked to provide a certified copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, adoption or other court papers indicating the change.


Recording Fee:   $60.00