November 15, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting November 15, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the November 1, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- First Selectman Eaton met with CIRMA representative Jake Duckworth and Insurance Agent Kristin Guglielmo to review the annual insurance policy.
- Only one ordinance is required to change to November election, as currently imposed by State. The Town would also have to change the days newly elected officials take office. This does not apply if we revert back to May.
- First Selectman Eaton is in contact with the Town Attorney regarding the legal definition of “legislative body.”
- Tax Collector Report
- Town Tech Services were discussed. The Selectman’s Office will follow up with Xerox IT to set up a meeting on a Friday afternoon after Thanksgiving.
- CIRMA will underwrite a cyber security coverage plan. The annual cost will increase.
- First Selectman Eaton will hold a town department head meeting on Monday, January 10, 2022.
- American Rescue Plan Act Update: Nothing since October 18 meeting.
- Discussion of 2022/23 Budget and updating the working budget for December 6 meeting.
Motion to adjourn at 8:45 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary