October 4, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting October 4, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the September 20, 2021 meeting were read. First Selectman Eaton made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by First Selectman Eaton. Vote was unanimous.
- Northeast District Department of Health (NDDH) ARPA fund request
- The Board discussed the Town Policy on payment of bills. The Treasurer has spoken with the auditors. For internal control, there should be some indication that invoices were reviewed. Upon review of submitted bills, the Selectmen will initial the invoices.
- The Last Green Valley forestry letter discussion was tabled pending Assessor review.
- The Board discussed observance of Veteran’s Day on November 11 with a brief wreath-laying ceremony at the Town Memorial Monument at 10 am.
- American Rescue Plan Act Update: Reporting not due until April of 2022. The Board will hear any suggestions from town residents or Town Board members as to use of the grant funds. Information will be posted on the website, as the scope of approved uses is limited.
Motion to adjourn at 8:00 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by First Selectman Eaton. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary