July 6, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting July 6, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the June 21, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Thank you card from Jan Parsons & Carl Myers
- Discussion regarding Stickney Hill resident email
- The Board reviewed the Town Appointments of 2019. There will be follow up on replacements and the vote will be held at the August 2 meeting.
- First Selectman Eaton discussed a new loader purchase in the amount of $68,529, which includes a 12-month, 1000-hr warranty. It is a 2018 with only 400 hours of use.
- American Rescue Act money has been received. An emergency well at the Grove would be covered by these funds. The Board discussed basic logistics of the well installation and specific funding policy wording.
- HVAC cleaning of the Town Hall building is also covered by American Rescue Act discussed. Following discussion, First Selectman Eaton made a motion to hire Advanced Air Quality Inc., to clean the duct work. Selectman Heck seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
- The well is installed at cemetery, covered by LoCIP funds. Public Works will have signs made to notify that the well is for watering plants only.
- One resident has applied to do the Town Hall cleaning. The Selectman’s Office will draft a scope of work. Following discussion, Selectman Heck made a motion to hire Karen Calabrese to clean the TOB weekly, effective immediately, performing up to 5 hours a week, at a rate of $18.00 an hour, based on Selectman’s scope of work. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Window Genie cleaned the town office windows. First Selectman Eaton was pleased with the work and it was noted to hire them for next year.
- The Selectman’s office will be researching new website management companies over the next year. The current management company, WiseWire, will no longer be offering this service as of July 1, 2022.
Motion to adjourn at 8:42 p.m. by First Selectman Eaton; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary